DR Robert Verkerk
This month Neil and Barry interview Dr Robert Verkerk founder of The Alliance for Natural Health an internationally active non-governmental organisation promoting natural and sustainable approaches to healthcare worldwide and fighting the cause of natural health in a world dominated by pharmaceutical giants. Robert is a true warrior and we love him here at Merlin's Diary!
Dr Verkerk and his team have achieved many successes on behalf of all of us who care about the freedom to choose natural alternatives to pharmaceuticals, some of which include:
- Raised public awareness of the significance of legislative threats to the long-term sustainability of natural healthcare
- Made significant amendments to EU legislation through collaboration with Members of the European Parliament
- Brought the landmark legal challenge to the EU Food Supplements Directive in the High Court London and the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg (2004-5)
- Promoted rational science as the basis on which safety of nutrients should be assessed at a global level through the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Deconstructed flawed approaches to risk assessment and management, which are being used by regulators in an attempt to ban higher, beneficial dosages of natural products
- Demonstrated clear connections in the disproportionate regulatory management of a wide range of issues ranging from food supplementation, genetically modified (GM) foods, water quality (including fluoridation) and vaccination.
- Created a united front of common interests across Europe, the North America, Asia and other parts of the world.http://www.artofchange.co.uk/mysterybar/episode28.m4a